Golf Stretching Exercises
Golf Stretching Exercises Can Improve Your Game
Golf fitness This not only pertains to exercise away from the golf course, but also proper stretching before you swing your club. Proper stretching can mean a smoother swing.
Let's get started.
1. Start by holding a golf club in front of you.
2. Keeping your back flat and legs semi straight bend forward and reach your club towards the ground.
3. Hold this position for 1-2 seconds and then return to the starting position.
4. Repeat for the suggested number of repetitions.
Move on to
1. Start by placing your golf club on the ground and hold onto the end of the club.
2. Place one leg forward keeping your knee straight.
3. Lean forward keeping your back flat until you feel a stretch in the back of your front leg.
4. Hold this stretch for the suggested number of seconds and then repeat with the other leg.
Lateral Side Bend
1. Start by holding a golf club above your head with your arms extended.
2. Slowly bend laterally to one side until a comfortable stretch is felt. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
3. Bend side to side for the required number of repetitions.
No golf stretching exercises can be complete without shoulder stretching.
1. Hold a golf club with one hand and place it behind you with your hand over your shoulder.
2. Reach back with the bottom hand and grab onto the club head.
3. Using your upper hand pull the club up towards the ceiling until a stretch is felt in the opposite shoulder.
4. Hold for the suggested number of seconds and then repeat with the other side.
1. Hold a golf club out in front of your chest and arms extended.
2. Rotate your trunk and shoulders to the left side until a stretch is felt in your torso. Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
You can't over-emphasize the importance of doing proper golf stretching exercises before playing a round of golf. Golf fitness is important, even if you use a cart, which I personally think takes away from the game.
7 Minutes Golf Stretching DVD